The bloody truth about True Blood
(yeh… don’t expect too much of this post because of the title…it’s just a nice word game😉 )
I was recommended TrueBlood by a guy. That was surprising. We were talking about how bad Twilight was and he meant True Blood was the good version of it. So I watched a couple of episodes. Some things I noted:
- one episode = almost one hour. Sometimes pretty long-winded.
- some personalities behave rather unrealistically (esp the main charakter Sookie), that’s either down to the screenplay or bad actors.
- when Bill kills a vampire he more or less ‘bursts’ – they could really have done better here.
- when Tara is in prison it’s daylight. She then leaves with Maryann. And suddenly it’s dark outside when they exit the prison. Magic. (this daylight-nighttime phenomenon occurs more often than that time)
- Tara is at Maryann’s, someone takes away her phone. And still we find her at Sookie’s side soon after – who could have contacted her and how?
- however, one nice quote: “Just ’cause you understand the mechanics of how something works, doesn’t make it any less of a miracle”
So how come I was recommended this series? By a guy? Let’s put it that way… at least half of the scenes are sex scenes. Non-porn porn? We’ve had that before… (Spartacus: Blood and Sand)
this image nicely sums up what True Blood is all about😉